Please note our Terms and Conditions have changed. See paragraph 9.
- You use the PJC Online Photo Service at you own risk. We suggest that you keep your own backup copies of all materials you may use or allow others to use in connection with the PJC Online Photo Service, including materials transmitted to the PJC Online Photo Service or posted on the Internet.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the PJC Online Photo Service, its affiliates or providers make no representation or warranty with regard to the following: (i) that the PJC Online Photo Service will be compatible with your computer, related equipment or software; (ii) that the PJC Online Photo Service will be accessible or will function error-free or that all errors will be corrected; (iii) that the use of PJC Online Photo Service will be free of viruses or Trojan horses, worms or other destructive or disruptive components; (iv) that the use of PJC Online Photo Service will not infringe upon the rights, including intellectual property rights of any person or; (v) that the password of albums or of material that you use or allow other to use in connection with the PJC Online Photo Service will prevent all non-authorized user access and we, including our affiliates and providers, deny any liability as to these matters to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Certain services of the PJC Online Photo Service may be accessed only by use of a user name (e-mail address) and password. An account password restricts access to materials you submit or post to the PJC Online Photo Service. However, the use of an account password does not restrict the Jean Coutu Group PJC Inc. ("Jean Coutu Group") from accessing the password-protected materials.
- For security reasons, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any person or permit any other person to use it. Also, passwords must be non-obvious, hard-to-guess, confidential and changed on a regular basis, and you must log-out at the end of each session.
- You are solely responsible for any use and misuse of your user name (e-mail address) and password and for all activities that occur under your user name (e-mail address) and password.
- The security and privacy provided by account passwords can be circumvented. You use at your own risk the account passwords.
A condition of Membership is your "Active Participation" in the Service.
Active Participation is defined as purchasing photo merchandise, including prints and enlargements, through the Service at least once every 365 days.
- If you cease Active Participation for any reason, the Jean Coutu Photo Centre may terminate your Membership and your use of the Service, and may remove and discard all information, communications, projects, image files, and other content uploaded by you or otherwise made available within the Service.
The Jean Coutu Photo Centre offers free, temporary storage of online photos to Members who maintain Active Participation. Your uploaded photos are stored under the heading “My Projects” in your Membership account.
We define projects in two categories, Print Projects and Photo Boutique Projects
- Print Projects: These projects are limited to the printing of Images on photographic paper. (Prints, Enlargements)
- Traditional photo print projects and uploaded images are kept on our servers for a maximum period of 30 days from the date of commissioning.
- These projects and the uploaded images are subject to deletion after 30
- Print projects timeline can be extended for an extra 30-day period.
- Photo Boutique Projects: The projects covered here are projects initiated to produce photobooks, home decoration, photo gifts, calendars and greeting cards.
- Ordered projects and their associated photos are archived on our servers without any time limit.
- Non ordered Photo boutique projects and uploaded images are kept on our servers for a period of 12 months that can be extended.
- A date marker in your Photo account project manager shows the expiration date for each project.
- All Boutique Projects can be reinitiated for a period of 6
- Inactive project(s) are underlined in your account by a marker.
- To prolong a project, click on the “Extend” button located at the right of the project description in the Project Manager.
- If you have not ordered any product during the last 365 days, you will have to reinitiate the projects you wish to save.
- Reinitiating a project will extend the photos and the project work for an additional 6 months.
- If a project is not reinitiated, the project is considered inactive.
- After 12 months of inactivity, a project can be deleted automatically.
- When you upload a photo to our service, the original resolution and format of your content may be modified depending upon the product format selected. Further, if you upload a photo with very high resolution, we may, at our discretion, down-sample the Content.
- You should always save your original content and make copies on your personal system. You should not use our Service as a repository for your content.
- The PJC Online Photo Service may automatically collect certain non-identifiable information regarding users, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet Service Provider, the date and time you access the PJC Online Photo Service, and the operating system you are using. This non-identifiable information is used for system administration purposes and to improve the PJC Online Photo Service. Your non-identifiable information may be disclosed to others and permanently archived for future use.
- In addition, the PJC Online Photo Service may make use of markers, otherwise known as "cookies", a technique that consists in installing information on a user's computer so that future visits using that computer may be recognized. The information collected by cookies allows to facilitate your experience in the use of the Internet site of the PJC Online Photo Service.
- During your use of the PJC Online Photo Service, you may be asked to voluntarily provide personal information (such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number). If you choose not to provide certain requested personal information, we will not be able to process your order through the PJC Online Photo Service and you may not be able to access certain functions of the PJC Online Photo Service.
- PJC Photo en ligne The PJC Online Photo Service may use your personal information to contact and correspond with you, to respond to your requests, to facilitate and enhance your use of the PJC Online Photo Service, to process transactions with you, and as otherwise permitted by law. The PJC Online Photo Service may develop a confidential user profile for you, which will be used to facilitate your use of the PJC Online Photo Service. Additionally, the PJC Online Photo Service may keep a record of all communications with you.
PJC Online Photo Service may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- The PJC Online Photo Service can provide some of your personal information to members of its group, such as the Jean Coutu Group, and to its providers or any other third parties for use in connection to your use of the PJC Online Photo Service. Before personal information is disclosed, the third party will agree with the PJC Online Photo Service to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy.
- Certain of the PJC Online Photo Services, such as the PJC Online Photo Service Website, permit you to allow third parties to access your online photo albums using an album password. Your email address and other personal information may therefore become available to persons using the appropriate album password.
- In the event of the sale or transfer of some or all of its business, PJC Online Photo Service may disclose your personal information to the acquiring organization, but will require the acquiring organization to agree to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. If at any time you do not wish the PJC Online Photo Service to disclose your personal information as part of the sale or transfer of some or all of its business, please notify the PJC Online Photo Service at : firstname.lastname@example.org
- The PJC Online Photo Service may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where the PJC Online Photo Service has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to the legal counsel of such persons.